Chavers-Brock Furniture was founded in 1924 by partners Chavers and Fowhand. With great success, their business expanded to include several store locations in the Northwest Florida area. The business headquarters was located in the Panama City store on Highway # 77, north of downtown Panama City. Cecil Brock came to work with them in 1939. As the partners prepared for retirement, they offered the business to the store managers. At this time, Mr. Brock purchased Mr. Fowhand's half of the Chipley branch and in 1954 became sole owner. Mr. Brock along with his son , Berwyn, maintained the same location in downtown Chipley until September of 1993, when they moved to the new facility on Jackson Avenue.
In the early eighties Chavers-Brock acquired Porter's Furniture Emporium, (formerly Owens Furniture) which was a prominent business on Railroad Avenue.
In 1983, Chipley was saddened to see the closing of Gibson's True Value Hardware, a long standing business at the heart of downtown. With this event, Chavers-Brock became the local Western Union Agent, carrying on a tradition of providing a great community service to the surrounding area. At this time Chavers-Brock expanded the appliance line to include the Hotpoint and General Electric Dealerships for the area.
Upon completion of the new building, Chavers-Brock moved to their new location in October of 1993. The new Jackson Avenue location has provided a much larger showroom and additional customer parking. With the addition to new furniture lines they also incorporated a gift shop which features a bridal registry, accessories for the home and gifts for all occasions. The gift shop's personalized service offers the community a much needed convenience. Gift wrapping and delivery are a part of the services provided.
Chavers-Brock has always stressed quality home furnishings at affordable prices with a satisfaction guarantee that we truly stand behind. We thank the community for its patronage and support. We are looking forward to continued growth and service in the future.